Personal Insurance


Don't waste any time in making sure you and your loved ones are protected. Whether you're looking to insure your home or your apartment, your vehicle, or maybe even yourself, Florida Coast has a type insurance plan for you.

We can help give you peace of mind by checking your current policy to see if you need more or less insurance in specific areas to save you money and give you efficient coverage.

To get started, check out brief descriptions on each type of policy listed below or get a quick quote by clicking here.


Homeowner's Insurance
Auto Insurance
Motorcycle Insurance
Flood Insurance
Renters' Insurance
Umbrella Insurance
Motorhome/RV Insurance


Homeowner's Insurance:

The time to protect one of your most important assets is now. Insurance can help rebuild and/or repair your home and replace damaged property when the unthinkable happens. Few people have the financial resources to rebuild or repair their homes on their own. As a result, the purpose of insurance is to protect you against those losses and even provide coverage to protect you if someone is injured on your property and sues for damages.


A homeowners insurance policy consists of coverage for your dwelling and your personal property as well as liability insurance which pays for injuries to other people or damages to their property accidentally caused by you, your family or your pets. You can also buy several types of additional insurance for property that is not listed in your homeowners policy or for perils not covered — such as flood — for which you need a separate policy. You do this by either buying a separate policy or by adding an endorsement or rider to your policy.


Simple Tips To Keep Your Rate Low

  • Raise Your Deductible - A deductible is the amount you pay before the insurance starts to pay for your loss. Since the purpose of insurance is to pay for the losses you cannot afford, raise your deductible to a limit that you could handle in case of a loss.
  • New Home - If your home is less than 10 years old, you may be eligible for a new home discount.
  • Make Your Home Safer - You may be eligible for a discount if you have a burglar and fire alarms systems and/or sprinkler systems. Monitored systems will earn a bigger discount than unmonitored systems.
  • Construction Material - When you buy a home, look for fire-resistant construction, such as brick, masonry or rock. You may pay a lower premium for hail-resistant roofs, such as those made of concrete tile, while wood roofs may bring a surcharge. Check the location of the nearest fire department, and avoid buying in floodprone areas.


Back to Top


Auto Insurance:

An auto policy consists of several individual coverages and each protects against a different risk. These are the common coverages and what each of them means for you.

Bodily Injury (BI) - Covers, up to policy limits, injury or death of others as well as legal defense fees in an accident for which you or whoever is driving your vehicle is legally responsible.  This coverage is usually required by law.

Property Damage (PD) - Covers, up to policy limits, damages to another person's property and/or vehicle in an accident where you or whoever is driving your vehicle is legally responsible. This coverage is also usually required by law.

Medical Payments Coverage - Pays, up to policy limits, for doctor, hospital and funeral expenses for you and any passengers injured or killed in an accident, regardless of who is at fault and payments are usually limited to one to three years after the accident. This coverage is optional is most states that don't have no-fault insurance systems.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists (UM/UIM) - This coverage pays, up to policy limits, for pain not covered by medical, disability, and PIP. Underinsured coverage pays for bodily injury to you or family caused by someone whose liability insurance limits are insufficient.

Collision Coverage - Covers, up to policy limits, damage to your vehicle or a vehicle you are operating. If you have a vehicle loan, this coverage is typically mandatory.

Comprehensive Physical Damage - Covers, up to policy limits, damage to your vehicle or vehicles in your possession that have been caused by theft, fire, vandalism, flooding, hail or other incidents (not including collision or rollover). It is typically mandatory if you have a vehicle loan.

Rental Reimbursement - Covers, up to a limit, the costs of a rental vehicle while your vehicle is under repairs for damages covered by your policy.

Towing and Labor- Covers, up to a limit, the costs of services incurred from a breakdown or towing to a repair shop and the delivery of gas, oil, or a battery but not the cost of the items themselves.


Back to Top


Motorcycle Insurance:

Motorcycle Insurance usually includes a combination of collision, liability, theft, and other coverage. These coverages are needed if you own a motorcycle to protect you from theft, collision, and other dangers. The following are some items that might affect rates:

  • Your driving record
  • Where you keep your motorcycle (outside or in a garage)
  • Your credit score
  • How many years you have been driving a motorcycle
  • Your age
  • Previous coverage
  • Anti-theft devices


Back to Top


Flood Insurance:

Floods are the most commom natural disaster in the United States. Four times more homes are destroyed by flood than by fire. About 24.4% of all flood insurance claims are filled in moderate-to-low risk areas. Additionally, homeowner insurance does not cover flood damage. Federal Flood Insurance, on the other hand, covers mudflow, dirt, and debri caused by moving water.

Flood insurance policies are backed by the United States government so all valid claims are guaranteed. Flood Insurance is affordable, especially compared to the cost of flood damage. The average national premium for a yearly flood insurance policy is around $558 while the average flood insurance claim paid in the US was around $49,529. Flood Insurance coverage is up to $250,000 for residential buildings and there is an option of up to $100,000 for contents.For nonresidential property owners, the limits for a building and contents is up to $500,000 each.

There are 30 day waiting periods when purchasing a new policy so don't wait! Acting now could save you thousands in the future.


Back to Top


Renter's Insurance:

Just like homeowners, renters have personal property that can be lost or damaged due to fires and burglaries and other incidents. However, many renters are not insured for these risks because buying insurance for personal property is not required.

Renters' insurance will cover your personal property as well as help provide temporary housing and liability protection. In case of an accident on your property, insurance will help with medical expenses for people on your property or legal fees if you are sued by someone injured by you.


Back to Top


Umbrella Insurance:

Umbrella Policies are designed to give you added liability protection for when your homeowners, auto, or other policies have reached their limits and cannot cover any more. With these policies, you can have an added 1 to 5 million in liability protection. These additional limits take effect when the limits on other policies have been reached. This covers expenses such as medical bills, therapy, lost wages and legal fees if a case is brought up against the person at fault. With all of these expenses, your current policies might not be able to cover all of them.

For problems like these, a personal liability umbrella policy can give added protection at affordable rates. Especially when compared to the losses one could face and the coverage one receives, the rates are minimal.


Back to Top


Motor Home Insurance:

Many RV owners insure their RV under an existing auto policy without realizing that in many cases their RV's are not covered properly under that existing policy. Another common mistake most RV owners make is thinking that their personal property in the RV will be covered by their homeowners policy. While it is covered, since the property is kept somewhere other than the "residence premises" the coverage limit is very low and the usual policy deductions still apply.

To get the perfect coverage for your RV, owners should add a separate RV coverage to their auto policy or get a policy specifically for their RV's. The cost of an RV policy is typically minimal, especially compared to the losses you could face and finding out that the RV and the personal property isn't covered.


Back to Top